Friday, March 4, 2011

My Conversion to The Gospel of Jesus Christ

   As I continue my labor in the mission field I have been able to share my testimony of the Gospel with others. Its something I plan to do for the rest of my life. Sharing the Message of Christ's Atonement and Our Heavenly Father's love for us is my favorite part of this life. Most importantly, coming to know the Gospel for myself and personally knowing God's love for us has been the driving force in me serving a mission. It is important for me to share with others what I know: having families for eternity, marriages for eternity, and living in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for eternity. I share that with others by also sharing the evidences of God's love for us: being able to pray to Him, being able to read scriptures--words from prophets and apostles, and being able to feel the Holy Ghost--His Spirit--tell you the truth of Him.
   For me the absolute truth of God's existence and love for me individually and all of us throughout the world came to me on April 22, 2009. That was the morning that changed the rest of my life. That morning I received the answer I wanted to know all of my life. I have realized since then that I only got my answer because I first had a question, a question I really wanted to know. Is God even there?
   I had heard a voice enter into my mind. I knew it wasn't my own thoughts but something different. A powerful emotion overcame me as a message of love and happiness and most of all a message from God was given to me. I had received my answer. I knew He was there.

   So, here I am nearly two years later. Not much has changed. I'm still on the same course I decided, but I know a lot more. Its taken a lot of time and I had to keep working and asking questions, but my testimony has grown. After reading the Book of Mormon, The New Testament, Serving as a Missionary, and Praying, I have this much to share with you.

The First Vision: Joseph Smith received an answer to his prayers

   God really is there. He is your Heavenly Father and He loves you. If you need proof think of this. If he didn't love you and me why would he send His Son, Jesus Christ, to make it so we could return to Him. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God and it was translated by a prophet of God. Christ's Gospel is restored and His Church is here on the earth again. Most importantly, through Christ's Gospel we can become truly happy and know of God's love for ourselves.

   Continue to pray, continue to ask questions, and continue to seek Him out. "Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen." (D&C 4:7)



No comments:

Post a Comment