Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How Great Is Your Calling?

   Recently, I have pondered the importance of my call as a missionary, yet not only my call but the call of everyone in the church and all the sons and daughters of God. As a missionary I am called to share the gospel with those who have not yet received it, and that is an important call to uphold. However, what is the importance of a bishop or a primary teacher or a Sunday School teacher? We know that the apostles are important, the general authorities are important, and the prophet is important, but what about those callings that seem less-important or less-noticed.
   Every call is important! Why else would Christ have it established in His church. Ephesians 4:11-12 reads, "And he gave some , apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ." Missionaries generally share that scripture to show that Christ had apostles and prophets in His church, but it also has another meaning. Those callings are to perfect the saints and edify the body of Christ.
   How important is it to teach children and the youth about gospel? How important is it to lead and direct a ward? How great is it to affect the lives of those you are able to share the gospel with? That's what it all boils down to; every church call is important no matter what. For all those that served faithfully in their calling and magnified their calling I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's your work that brings forth young missionaries that share the gospel with the world. Your work is great, and your burdens are many, but you never ceased to fulfil your call to serve! I love the great members in my ward back home and the wards and branches that I serve in my mission. Your influence was important to me, and it is important to God.
   How Great Is Your Calling? You already know, because it's a call from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment