Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Standard to Life

This is a quote I got last summer from my young men's president back home. Its something that has helped me on the hard days throughout my mission. I hope it helps you as well. (Sorry, no pretty pictures this time)


"I am part of the fellowship unashamed; the dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line, the decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.

"My past is redeemed, my presence makes sense, my future is secure. I am done with low living, small talking, colorless dreams, tamed visions, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven.

"My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few. My guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.

"I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me, and when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."


The greatest thing I take from this is, remember who you are and who you work for. Who are you? A child of God! Who do you work for? Jesus Christ of course.

I love you all. Keep working through the hard times.
--Elder Aaron George--

No comments:

Post a Comment