Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

   Well, Mother's Day is tomorrow and I feel like there are quite a few mothers I need to say "Happy Mother's Day!" to. I'm way excited to get to call my family tomorrow and talk to them, but there's a lot of extended families and moms that I adopted that I don't get to tell them how much I love and appreciate them tomorrow. So, here's a little blog post, a tribute to all my loving "mamas".
   The Good Lord blessed me with lots of moms looking over me as I grew up because he knew I would need a lot more than just one to keep me in line. "All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother", a quote from Abraham Lincoln that I very much agree with. Without my mom I would be nothing.

   One quick thought from the Book of Mormon to go along with our celebration of mothers. So, does anyone remember the Stripling Warriors? I sure do. Just imagine two thousand of these super buff and stalwart young men and ask yourself, "Hmm, how did they become so super buff and stalwart?" Well, there's a scripture in the book of Alma chapter fifty-seven when Helaman, the captain of the Stripling Warriors, reflects on what it is they had told him, "...they said unto me that their mothers had taught them".
   The stripling warriors of the Book of Mormon owed everything they were to their mothers. They had faith, they trusted in God, they fought bravely, they stood together, and miraculously none of them died from their many battles. Most of all they knew who the credit went to...their mothers. Happy Mother's Day!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment