Friday, December 30, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

 "The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than talking about behavior."
--President Boyd K. Packer, Ensign, May 1997, 9

Christmas is gone and past, but we can still keep the Spirit of Christ burning within us. A new year is coming up along with the usual new year's resolutions. I thought, "What a great time to make some goals!" To me there's no better way to getting what you want than making a goal and a plan and working to you achieve the goal.

Everyone has their own set of goals and things they hope to accomplish, but I thought I would share some of my own. Maybe to share ideas, maybe to hold myself accountable by posting them on a blog, but mostly to help me be the kind of person I want to be.

I'm going to write my dad a letter every week on my P-Day (Preparation Day)

I'm going to take time and have my own personal vocal prayer to my Heavenly Father. At least once a week. Praying for specific friends and loved ones and their needs. (Should be interesting seeing that I'm a missionary and private time doesn't happen too often.)

I'm going to seize opportunities to do something good for someone instead of second guessing myself and not doing anything at all.

I'm going to remember the example of Jesus Christ, because no matter what happens in life be it good or bad there is always something He did or some way He reacted to life that we can follow and be blessed for it.

Some of these ideas are easy to tell if you accomplished or not, and others are a little bit more difficult being more focused on the quality of your character. Either way, these are my resolutions and I'm hoping to see them accomplished!

Now its your turn to make your own resolutions and have a great New Year's Celebration!!!

BYOF (Bring Your Own Fireworks) Its gonna be a big party!

No comments:

Post a Comment