Thursday, June 23, 2011

What A Great Father's Day

   It has been a few days since Father's Day, but I've still been thinking about it. It seems that the time I can't celebrate Father's Day with my dad is when I think about him the most. I guess the old saying, "you don't know what you got 'til its gone" applies here. The longer I am away from home the more excited I am to see him and my family again.
   I appreciate my father so much more now that I have been gone from home for a while. Nothing could replace all the summer days working together or being out on family trips. I'll always appreciate the counsel and direction he gave me, often times it was without having to even say a word. Just watching him be him was enough to realize I wanted to be just like my dad.

There's my mom and dad,
but right now its about the man on the left.
   Its been a fast, but oh so long six months since I last seen the man known as Brett George. What I've come to understand during that time is that without him being my dad to help raise me and teach me what I needed to know I wouldn't be ready for this experience called "life".
   There's something even more important that I've come to understand! Without my Heavenly Father I wouldn't have been ready for the experience of life.

It will be two years until I can see my father and personally thank him for all he has done for me.

It will be many more years until I can see my Heavenly Father again and thank him for all He has done for me.

"O my Father, thou that dwellest In the high and glorious place, When shall I regain thy presence And again behold thy face?"

"may I  meet you in your royal courts on high? Then, at length, when I've completed All you sent me forth to do, with your mutual approbation Let me come and dwell with you."
   O My Father hymn # 292

No comments:

Post a Comment